Internet Salsa

Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Possible Threat for Google??

Do you Yahoo or Google?
What used to be search engine companies, now they are more than a search engine.
I have been using Yahoo since its beginning, but now I use Google more than Yahoo for my searching purposes, and also prefer using Gmail.
I do however use Yahoo for news.
Did you know that Google represents about 40% of the search market (comScore Media Metrix). I think Google is even bigger outside of US.
I used to think that Yahoo was way bigger than Google. And yes it looks big but when I was reading somewhere on internet, I found out that Google was bigger.
I m sure once they went public, their market share has sky rocketed.
Even after spending millions of dollars by Yahoo, and even Microsoft; neither have been successful in taking over Google as a search leader. But is there any threat to Google? Well I read about this new search engine..well will be more than a search engine. Its called "Quaero", which means "to search" in Latin. European companies such ac Thomson, Deutsche Telekom, and France Telecom are behind its development.
Going head to head with such giants like Yahoo and Google has been one of the main focus even in political stream in some European countries. President Chirac of France even supports Quaero project.
We can all hope and see what it has to offer in the coming days..well make that years.

1 Comments:

  • Bigger index, but Yahoo has a wider reach as the are proprieters of "Internet Explorer" the most used internet browser on the planet which happens to come standard in all Windows computers which is Microsoft who does just happen to have a partnership with Yahoo's spnosered search program which make the #1 and #2 search engines by reach Yahoo and MSN if you combine their power.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 1/23/2006 12:59:00 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home


 
eXTReMe Tracker